Saturday 18 August 2012

Yoga

Yoga is something I aspire to do more of!! It's on my list of  40 Things .  The practice of  Yoga gives mental peace at the same time as a consciousness of one's own body. I believe it has tremendous benefits for children. I use it with my students at school when I can.

Niamh and I had a combined Yoga session yesterday.  I put on a DVD and off we went.
Guess who was the most flexible!?  ;)
I highly recommend the book Like a Fish in water by Isabelle Koch.  It's recommended for children aged five years and up.
It's full of colourful pictures with gentle Yoga sequences.  And it uses a language children can understand.

Fi x

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful!!!
    Getting your child involved in such a positive thing like, yoga. Great going Mama. :]
    This will carry her through a life time!! ~xx

    ReplyDelete