Thursday 1 December 2011

An introduction



The main purpose of this blog is to share some basic IDEAS and STRATEGIES teachers use with their own children long before they go to school. I believe they help build a strong foundation for literacy.

My knowledge of children and how they best learn is the result of my years as a junior primary teacher. I have been able to use the strategies with my own daughter and share them with friends and family.

Some students begin school without an adequate foundation to build on.  They are disadvantaged and learning to read and write becomes a difficult challenge.  In an overburdened education system the consequences are far reaching.

I believe we all share the same desire for our children to become independent and successful learners.  The birth of my child has made me realize the responsibility largely lies with me before she even gets to school.

 You may be a parent who also has a wealth of experience and ideas that contribute to children learning. Feel free to use this blog as a forum in which to share them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment